The 2013 ASEAN Business and Investment Summit (ASEAN BIS 2013) in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam will be officially opened on August 20 2013. The summit will be attended by world leaders, political and business leaders from the region, including:
- His Majesty and Yang Di Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, ASEAN Chair 2013
- H.E. Dr. Kan Zaw, Union Minister, Ministry of National Planning and Economic
- Development (TBC)
- HE Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce & Industry, India, Ministry of Commerce &Industry, India
- The Honourable Ed Fast, Minister of Trade, Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development,Canada
- H.E. Alexey Ulyukaev, Minister of Economic Development, Russian Federation
- HE Under Secretary Francisco Sanchez, Department Of Commerce, US Government
- HE Le Luong Minh, Secretary-General, ASEAN Secretariat
- Yu Ping, Vice Chairman of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT) and Immediate Past Chairman of East Asia Business Council (EABC)
- Sam Kim, Vice President of Asia Develoment Markets for P&G
- Matthew Russel, Head of Regions, South Asia & South East Asia, Standard Chartered Bank
Some key issues expected to be in the discussion at the ASEAN BIS are:
- What exactly have ASEAN achieved to ensure regional economic integration by 2015 (AEC)?
- What can ASEAN do to enhance the competitiveness of the region and be globally connected?
- What can the ASEAN business community expect from such a regional economic expansion of ASEAN with its Plus 1 dialogue partners?
- How can ASEAN accelerate the implementation of the Connectivity Master Plan?
- What are key success factors for an Innovation-led economy?
With the aim to increase ASEAN's attractiveness as a region for trade and investment and enhanced regional competitiveness, the summit highlighted on a Special Dialogue with the Economic and Trade Minister of ASEAN. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with ASEAN leaders, economic ministers and key decision makers.
A highlight of the session on the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) will include insights from Ministers from ASEAN’s trade partner, and key industry players around the region.
The Summit has already received significant support from both government and private sectors companies and representatives. The summit is expected to attract over 300 businesses from ASEAN and will also include those from dialogue partner countries such as Canada, China, the EU, Hong Kong, Russia and US.
List of sponsors for the ASEAN BIS 2013 in Brunei are:
1. Brunei Press Sdn. Bhd.
2. LCY Development Sdn. Bhd.
3. ROYAL BRUNEI AIRLINES Sdn. Bhd.
4. SM Investments Corporation
1. Baiduri Bank
2. Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad (BIBD)
3. Boustead Sdn. Bhd.
4. Invest in Canada
5. Siemens Malaysia
6. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC)
7. US-ASEAN Business Council
1. Datastream Technology Sdn. Bhd. (DST)
2. P.T.A.S. Sdn. Bhd.
For registration information and programme, please go to the summit website at http://www.asean-bis.com
--- End ---
ASEAN BIS 2013